Our Review of the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 HP
A garbage disposal unit, or a garbage disposer, is extensively used in households around the United States. It is a device that shreds food waste into smaller pieces. These are installed between the trap and sink’s drain under the kitchen sink and is operated by electricity.
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 horsepower garbage disposer is a garbage disposal unit, but it grinds food waste more efficiently in a quieter way and is specially designed to work on septic systems. The InSinkErator Evolution has a different process of shredding food waste thanks to its technologically advanced features which makes its grind more efficiently than other brands.
Main Features of the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist:
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist’s MultiGrind feature ensures that food waste is finely grinded into a pulp by adding one more shredding stage. To easily wash away the waste through the plumbing system, it will be broken down into little particles by the garbage disposer with its 2 different grinding processes powerfully assisted by the installed Dura-Drive induction motor operated by a ¾ horsepower engine.
The InSinkErator Evolution ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer is also installed with a technology that makes it process scraps more quietly compared to a standard garbage disposer. Its SoundSeal technology consists of many components including connections that reduces vibrations, an advanced insulation system, and a specially designed Quiet Collar Sink Baffle which aids in blocking the noise coming out through the opening of the kitchen sink for a quieter performance.
Bio-Charge Technology is another great feature of the product that will support any household’s septic system. This Bio-Charge enzyme treatment, exclusively made and used for the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist, aids in maintaining a smoother running process for septic tanks. The product also comes with Bio-Charge Injection technology that injects millions of enzymes which produce microorganisms automatically into the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist every time you activate it. These injected enzymes then assist in the process of breaking down the food scraps with a citrus scent treatment to control the odors of the wastes from the drain and kitchen sink.
“We Come to You” In-Home Full Service Limited Warranty
A 4-year “We Come to You” In-Home Full Service Limited Warranty is also exclusively included in the InSinkErator Evolution ¾ Horsepower Septic Assist for the peace of mind of customers. The warranty covers the installment, replacement, and repair of the InSinkErator disposer and it includes free house calls for parts and labor concerns. These calls will be attended by a network of 1500 well-trained and certified professional agents.
And for any assistance needs, simply call them through their toll-free contact number. Friendly agents will provide you with the name and contact details of the designated agent from their authorized service factory near you.
Other Features and Specifications of InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist:
The other features and specifications of the InSinkErator Evolution include the following:
- A Quick Lock Sink Mount which makes the installation and replacement of the garbage disposal device easier. It is made to perfectly fit most mounting assemblies with three bolts.
- It has a larger capacity grind chamber, which measures exactly 40 oz., and is big enough to process a large amount of food scraps at a time.
- Most of its components are made from stainless steel to make it more resistant to corrosion, which can be caused by water and minerals exposure that also shortens the life span of other garbage disposers that are not made with the same material. The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist has a larger life span than the other standard disposers thanks to its high-quality make and model.
- It also has a manual reset button for the convenient resetting of the garbage disposer in case overloading issues occurs.
- It is safe to install on septic tanks of the proper size.
- It weighs exactly 25.5 lbs. with a measurement of 12 and 5/8” height, and 8 and 3/4” width.
Upon purchase of the product, the package already includes the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾ Horsepower garbage disposal, an installation manual, a stainless steel stopper, the sink mount with a quick lock system, a discharge tube, a sink baffle, a clamp and jam-buster wrench including the hard wares, and a bottle of the Bio-Charge enzyme treatment which can be exclusively bought from the InSinkErator and authorized resellers. Do take note that the product does not come with a power cord.
Pros and Cons of InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist
The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist’s pros include, but are not limited to, the following:
- It has a quieter operating system and it grinds food waste more finely compared to other standard garbage disposal units.
- It is also easy to install and replace. The product is very easy to clean as its rubber guard comes out easily.
- The product’s huge chamber, which can process a larger volume of food waste faster, is also ideal for larger households.
- The disposal’s Bio-Charge treatment scented with citrus helps control and eliminate odors from the food scraps.
- It works perfectly for households with septic tank systems.
- It does not cause any clogging issues in the plumbing system.
On the other hand, the InSinkSerator Evolution has the following cons:
- The package does not come with a power cord, which must be bought separately (but at a minimal cost).
- If your kitchen is not installed with a switched outlet for a garbage disposal system, you must purchase one as well and have it installed for the product.
- The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist garbage disposer is large and can take up a lot of space.
- Its plumbing and cartridge spigots are also on the opposite sides of the unit which can be a challenge when it comes to connecting it to your plumbing system. This can restrict your access to the plumbing.
- Can only be installed on sinks with septic systems.
In general, the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist is a great garbage disposal device especially for households with septic systems. And although there are some cons for the product, it comes with revolutionary technology and other great feature that makes food waste grinding more efficient. It is also a more convenient option for household owners.